Monday, August 3, 2015

Be Blessed Lovelies

Last week much of the blogging world was rocked by the death of Leslie from A Blonde Ambition. It's actually a blog I never read myself, but the more I hear about her the more I wish I did.

Leslie met her husband through the Show Us Your Single link-up at Kelly's Korner. She was the mother of two baby girls, only 22 months old and 7 months old. 7 months. As in the same age as Elley. In fact her baby is only one day older than mine.

I lost my mom almost 4 years ago, when I was 27 years old. It's way too young to loose your mother, and yet compared to Leslie's two little girls it really is a lifetime.

So often in movies after someone passing a character finds some hidden journal or gift from the loved one they lost for one final bit of closure. Except that's made up, and doesn't happen in real life, at least not often. But as a blogger Leslie's words are ready for her daughters to find one day. There's a line in her daughter's 7 month update, the last one she wrote, "Lord willing, I'll be around for many more milestones to come."

I'm not quite sure I'm ready to write down my hopes and dreams for Elley articulately, but Leslie's death has made me realize that you never really know how much time you have. I just hope that one day she's able to be her true self and be happy. I want her to have a solid family around her, not just those she's related to by blood but the friends she chose to let into her circle. And I want her to know that I love her so much, and that I would be there for every single milestones to come.
I can't imagine what Leslie's family is going through. I know that nothing can replace a loved one, but if you looking for something to do, there's a college fund that's been set up for Leslie's two girl at http://www.gofundme.com/d53bgd5p8s.

So ending this post with the words Leslie used to end hers, Be Blessed Lovelies.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is so incredibly sad. I haven't read her blog but have heard of her. How tragic that she died at such a young age. That just breaks my heart. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read her blog, although I hadn't really read it since Ainsley was born, so I was shocked to hear of her passing. I've been really sad for her husband and her little girls.

    And yes, it makes me happy that, if anything were to happen to me, the kids could get to know (a piece of) me through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading her blog! She was so witty and funny.....and precious too. I lost my husband in 2011 so unfortunately I know this pain that her sweet family is experiencing. Praying for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading her blog! She was so witty and funny.....and precious too. I lost my husband in 2011 so unfortunately I know this pain that her sweet family is experiencing. Praying for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sorry about the loss of Leslie! I hadn't read her blog, but seeing her photo with her daughters, my heart goes out to her family and friends.

    Thanks for sharing, Shoshanah...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I found this out I was so sad to hear the news. I keep thinking about her family.

    ReplyDelete