Sunday, June 21, 2015

Mailbox Monday (114)

It's Father's Day! Not only that, it's the boy's first Father's Day. We going to be heading to dinner with my in-laws shortly, but first I'm sharing the books I've recently picked up with Mailbox Monday.
Mailbox Monday
Purchased
A Walk in London by Salvatore Rubbino
I was purchasing a book as a baby shower gift recently, and since I was already ordering books decided to order one for Elley as well. After loving A Walk in Paris which my Dad gave us recently, I decided to buy another in the series. This one is about a mother and daughter who take a walk in London.

From Paperback Swap
The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers
I've actually already read this one, although still need to review it. It's about what happens to two girls after their father murders their mother. Not necessarily the type of book I was expecting, but still interesting.

Inconceivable by Carolyn & Sean Savage
I remember when this book came out being fascinated by the idea of it. It's a memoir about a couple who gets pregnant by IVF only to discover that the embryo implanted belonged to another couple. You can tell from the subtitle what they decided to do, but I'm still really curious to read their story.

For Review from TLC Book Tours
In a Dark Wood by Joseph Luzzi
Yet, another one I've already read, although this one I've reviewed. (You, can tell I'm a bit behind posting these books.) This one is also a heartbreaking memoir where the author's pregnant wife gets into a car accident and he becomes a widower and single father. I actually wasn't that big of a fan of this one, though, but still appreciated ths story.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

11 comments:

  1. A Walk in London sounds like a nice addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed The Murderer's Daughters...and I love the look of A Walk in London. Have a great week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Walk in London looks charming. Always exciting to enjoy the Mother and Father days with the new little one! Enjoy your week with happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Walk in London looks so cute! Hope everyone enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get any books this week besides the book I picked up at the library (In the Shadow of the Banyan). A Walk in London looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listened to Inconceivable a few years ago - the story is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inconceivable has been on my list for years, but I still haven't read it! There's another one called Misconception which I believe was written by the other couple too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that! Both of them intrigued me at the time, but I thought the one about the couple that gave the baby away would be a bit more interesting to read. Of course since I've already finished Inconceivable and really enjoyed reading it, I'm thinking I need to pick up Misconception as well!

      Delete
  8. ENJOY your books.

    A Murderer's Daughter looks good.

    Have a good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sounds like some intriguing books.

    ReplyDelete