Thursday, May 28, 2015

From England to India

The Betrayal of the Blood Lily by Lauren Willig
Published
: January 12, 2010 by Dutton Adult
Series: Pink Carnation #6
Going into this book I was really excited that it takes place in India. I can't think of another book I've read about India, and I was really looking forward to being transported. Except while it was clear that the story was in India, I didn't quite feel like I was there myself.

I'm not sure why, because all the details where there that should have made it happen. I think it's more that it's hard for me to picture India, so I couldn't quite get a clear picture. Even so, the parts of India I got to experience I really did enjoy.

I was much happier with the modern day story line this time. It still wasn't my favorite of the series, but I at least didn't cringe through the modern day chapters.

Similar to the last book, the Pink Carnation doesn't appear, which makes me wonder when she'll be back. There was still a mystery which I did enjoy, more than a lot of the others. Of course there was a love story too, even knowing that this books heroine starts off married. I wasn't quite sure how that would work, but when it happened it wasn't too much of a surprise.

Once again, upon finishing a book in this series I'm really excited for the next. This one is finally about Turnip” Fitzhugh which will be interesting, although what I'm most excited about is that it's a Christmas book.

4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. I actually just finished The Mischief Of The Mistletoe (because chronologically it comes before this book) and really enjoyed it. And because The Night Jasmine was still fresh in my mind, it was fun to see "the other side," as it were.

    I'm really looking forward to reading this one though. Thanks so much for introducing me to this series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize The Mischief Of The Mistletoe actually came first! Although in general I'm a fan of reading books in publishing order if possible. But knowing this definitely makes me even more excited to start it!

      Delete