Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Movie Review

Backstreet Boys: Show 'Em What You're Made Of
I normally only review movies I see in the theaters, but clearly I need to make an exception for this. After all, it is in theaters now, just not near me. But since it opened simultaneously On Demand, I've already seen it, twice even. Clearly, I'm the target audience for this, being Backstreet obsessed, but I think even if you're not a superfan you'd still have fun with this.

There's three main story lines that are told. The first, that you're probably more familiar with, deals with their rise to fame. It goes a lot into the Lou Pearlman story, and how crazy things were in the early days. There is a good amount of early videos too, which are a lot of fun.

The second also deals with their history, but instead their individual stories before they became a group. The five of them all took trips together to their hometown to learn a little more about where they came from. It's an emotional journey for them all, and even brought me to tears.

The last is the preparation for their new album and tour (which I saw, twice), and included some of my favorite parts. It was really interesting to see them writing songs together or sitting down to pick which songs to put on the album.

Even if you're a big BSB fan, you'll probably learn something new from this. But if you aren't, I still think you could have fun with it. I'd definitely recommend seeing it in the theaters if you can, but if not, it is going to be airing on VH1 this spring, so no excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment