Tuesday, August 19, 2014

From India to France

The Hundred-Foot Journey
I found it kind of interesting the way this movie played out. The first half was exactly what you'd expect based on the previews. But the second was a bit different. Not that it took a complete u-turn, but going into it I would have expected it to end about halfway before it did. There's just a lot more to it than simply a French and Indian restaurant "fighting" each other.

I would recommend not being like me, and not seeing this movie hungry. (Of course I can't even follow my own advice, since here I am writing this post hungry just before eating dinner.) The food does look delicious throughout, but since I was so hungry for most of it, I found myself trying to distance myself from it all. But I do think if you saw this on a fuller stomach you'd be able to appreciate the dishes quite a bit more.

Overall this was a really fun movie. (And one of the few I haven't fallen asleep in lately!) It may not be one you need to see in the theaters, but either way I still think it's worth your time.

3 comments:

  1. I read the book and am eager to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are reading this book for my family book club in October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been interested in this one but I think I'll wait for Netflix.

    ReplyDelete