Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mailbox Monday (78)

I try not to buy book very often anymore since I already have so many books sitting unread. But every once in a while a book (or two!) comes out and I can't not buy them, so I give into temptation. So with that introduction, these are the books I'm linking up with for Mailbox Monday.
Mailbox Monday
Purchased
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
My mom was actually the one who got me into this series, back when there were only plans for it to be a trilogy. Basically it's been years since I first started this series, but I can't quit it. Luckily this is the last of the series, especially since because as much as I enjoy them I think I'm a bit over Jace and Clary at this point.

The One & Only by Emily Giffin
I've loved each and every book by Emily Giffin and I'm sure this will be no different. It was back in grad school when I first discovered her (with Baby Proof) and since then I've bought every one of her new releases almost as soon as they come out.

From Goodreads
American Panic by Mark Stein
This is a non-fiction book on the history of moments that inspired panic in America's history. It looks to include all the way from the Salem witch trails to communism to gay marriage. I think it sounds like an interesting mix of history and political events and I'm more than curious as to how it'll all turn out.

Catching Air by Sarah Pekkanen
I've never actually read a book by Sarah Pekkanen, but I know so many who really enjoy her. It does look like it will be a cute chick lit story, and hopefully she's an author I'll fall for as well.

What's in your mailbox this week? And how often to you actually wind up buying new books to read?

10 comments:

  1. All your books look great. I buy new books far too often, about fortnightly now, but I used to be weekly or even less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to buy new books very often - at least not physical ones because my book cases are at capacity and I don't want to buy another one (plus after moving and schlepping around so many boxes of books I was wishing I had fewer books! ha). I do by eBooks when I get deal emails, like yesterday I bought A Pig in Provence which is a memoir about a chef's time in southern France. It was only $1.99!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Pekkanen is still an author I've got to read. Another new book from her to add to the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching Air is on my wish list. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get The One and Only...and I'm going to check out Catching Air. I read one book by this author...time for another!

    Enjoy...and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you love the Mortal Instruments series conclusion! Catching Air looks really cute. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching Air was really good! I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to see what you think of City of Heavenly Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. American Panic looks like one I'd enjoy. I wonder if one of the things will be the media? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Different titles....I hope they are all enjoyable.

    Have a great end to your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read The One & Only in 4 days. It was such a good read. I saw Catching Air at the grocery store of all places. It's on my list of books to read as are the other books by that author.

    ReplyDelete