Monday, March 31, 2014

March in Review

Normally I write these monthly recap posts about how quickly the month flew by. Except that wasn't quite the case with March. I'm not quite sure why, maybe it was the cold weather, maybe it's because nothing too exciting happened. But either way, here's a look back at the last 31 days of March.

In March...
Sausage PoBoy
...We went to our first LSU baseball game of the season. Of course the Tigers lost, I only took 2 photos, and when we were ready to leave our car was double parked, hence the reason why you haven't heard about it till now. Hopefully if we make it to a second game this year the experience will turn out a little better.
Finally picked up my copy of Frozen! I'll never #letitgo
...I bought Frozen on dvd. I've yet to actually watch it though, but I'm sure the time will be coming soon.
Chicken Fried Chicken & Mashed Potatoes
...The boy made chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes. This was pretty much an awesomely delicious meal that even tasted great as leftover.

...I posted reviews of 6 books and 4 movies.
The Runaway by Terry Kay
The Highlander's Reward by Eliza Knight
Cover Me Boys, I'm Going In by Keith Hirshland
Pilgrim Footprints on the Sands of Time by Sylvia Nilsen
Round the Bend by Alistar McGuinness
Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
The Monuments Men
300: Rise of an Empire
Veronica Mars
Muppets Most Wanted
Without question, my favorite of them all had to be Where'd You Go Bernadette.

...2009, I posted my reflections on The Bachelor finale where Jason left Melissa for Molly. Coincidentally, 1 year later, in March 2010 I wrote my thoughts on Jason & Molly's wedding.
Source
And just because it's fun to share Bachelor news, this week Ashley and J.P. announced that they're expecting a baby this October! While they are one of my favorite bachelor couples it still is a little absurd how excited this makes me.

What are some of your highlights from this past March?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I actually did get to see it in theaters and loved it! Just haven't had a chance to watch it on dvd yet, but plan on making that happen soon!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen Frozen but I really want to see it. My niece is obsessed with it apparently. My SIL sent me a video of her singing and dancing to Let it Go and it was the cutest.

    March was a long and difficult month with lots of anxiety and stress about work stuff and my job search so I am happy to see it go honestly. Plus tomorrow is April and a week from tomorrow I will have fulfilled my one year commitment which is a huge accomplishment for me. But March did contain some good things, like my trips to Florida and Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding of the DeAnna-Jason-Melissa-Molly (and JILLIAN) seasons - I went back & read your old posts. I love Jillian, I'm so glad she made a name for herself doing what she loves and isn't as haunted by her time on the Bachelor as some others. I totally wanted DeAnna to pick Jason and was so disappointed when she didn't. Then I wanted Jason to pick Jillian and was disappointed again. Finally, I was pissed about the Melissa-Molly fiasco b/c I hated Molly. Funny to reminisce b/c I haven't watched that show in years but I felt so invested at the time haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually really liked Frozen. It was not what I expected and not the typical princess story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally getting a chance to catch up on blog reading! I'm sorry your LSU game experience was so frustrating. I feel like I can barely remember March these days :)

    ReplyDelete