Monday, March 17, 2014

Calling All Marshmallows

Veronica Mars
I wouldn't necessarily call myself a huge Veronica Mars fan, but I still watched a few episodes back in college when it was still on tv. I liked it enough to know I wanted to see the movie, but not necessarily enough to remember exactly who everyone was.

I will say the movie did do a pretty good job at making you feel caught up even if you hadn't seen a single episode. But there were a ton of inside jokes for super fans, and while I'm sure I missed a lot, I did appreciate the ones I noticed. I did love Veronica's sarcasm throughout, and actually it was probably my favorite aspect of the movie. (Although I did love Dax Shepard's cameo too.)

But I can admit, at times it was a little cheesy. And the boy, who I don't believe has seen a single episode, pretty much hated it. I do think if you were a huge fan of the tv show you'll want to see it in the theaters, but otherwise it's probably one you could wait a bit for.

3 comments:

  1. I was a big fan of the show. i do want to see the movie in the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen an episode...
    May have to put it on my summer binge watch list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I caught a a few episodes, maybe even half a season, but it's been so long. I want to see it but I'm sure I'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete