Friday, November 22, 2013

Quit Playing Games With My Head

Head Games by Erika Rummel
Published
: April 30, 2013 by Guernica Editions
I'm a little unsure how to describe this, but I think the closest genre is New Adult. It's about a somewhat naive young women who travels to Argentina to discover who her birth father is. Along the way she's involved in love triangle, and also winds up kidnapped as part of a payback scheme.

With so much happening in this book, I'm surprised at how much pages it took for things to pick up. I don't think I really got into the book or felt like I had figured out the plot until almost 2/3 of the way through.

I liked the idea that parts of the book were in Argentina. Except I wish I got a better picture of what it was like there. There were a few scenes where I felt Argentina came across, but overall I wished I had felt more transported there.

I still think this one has potential, but that it didn't quite work for me. Even now, I feel like this one played a game with my head, that I'm quite sure how I want to remember this one.

2.5/5

Disclosure: I was provided this book through Virtual Author Book Tours. All opinions expressed are my own.

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the tour! I loved the quirky characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always interesting when a book plays with your head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making that point. I guess it's a matter of tastes in reading. Some people like a linear narrative. Others like to make their way through a labyrinth.

      Delete