Monday, December 31, 2012

Two Thousand Twelve Rewind

I've just spent the past few minutes the yearly recaps posts I've written in years past. I think it's such a fun way to look back at a relatively long period of time, but in such a succinct way. I actually never did a recap of 2011, in part because there were a lot of moments that year I didn't want to relive. 2012 was a lot better, and hopefully 2013 improve again. But first, here's a look back at the last 12 months.

January
My mom's birthday kicked off the year, which is significant because it was the first one she wasn't here with us.
Gravestone
At my mom's yahrzeit ceremony, Novemeber 2012
Unfortunately, January is also when a good friend of my from college died in a car accident. I hadn't seen her since the photo below had been taken, and had been looking forward to seeing her at my wedding, but unfortunately, that didn't happen.
Me and Megan
At Oak Alley Plantation, March 2009
In happier news, I spent a lot time wedding planning posting about our photographer, explaining why we weren't taken engagement photos, and deciding on a dress.

February
DSC06400
We mailed out our STDs letting our guests know the wedding was on it's way.

March
Meet Up
I had a blogger meet-up with Jesse of Elle Lit (who sadly is no longer blogging), and on my and the boy's trip to Nashville met up with Sarah of Music City Sarah
Blogger Meet-Up

April
DSC06640
I received my bridal shower invite in the mail and blogged about how much to share when planning a wedding, our candy bar, wedding website, and bridesmaids' dresses.

May
01
I flew back to California for my bridal show. On that trip I also went shopping with my grandmother to pick out materials that she could use while making my veil.

June
DSC07062
We mailed out our wedding invitations .

July
Cake Samples
We decided on cake flavors, picked out our ketubah, purchased shoes for the ceremony, contemplated a money dance, and mocked up our centerpieces.

August
DSC07219
We celebrated our nieces 5th birthday. We also survived Huricane Isaac in the days leading up to out wedding, and while suffering a change in plans due to the hurricane, I still had my bachelorette party.
sara - 05

September
00391
Photo by Sabree Hill Photography
We were married!

October
DSC07493
At Kyle Stadium
I celebrated my 28th birthday, while my dad was in town visiting. The boy and I also traveled to College Station, Texas to watch the LSU vs. A&M football game. (Unfortunately while we were in Texas we missed our nephew's 3rd birthday.)

November
DSC_3064 (1)
We spent Thanksgiving in California with my family.

December
DSC07793
We spent Christmas in Louisiana with the boy's family. (Full recap to come!)

What were the highlights of 2012 for you? And here's to an even better 2013 for us all!

3 comments:

  1. what an exciting year for you. I didn't realize just how newlywed you are! mazel tov. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and the boy! It has been fun reading everyone's recap. I am glad that 2012 was a wonderful year for you - you earned that after the tough way 2011 ended for you. :( Here is hoping 2013 holds many wonderful things for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun year! You had cake favors at your wedding? Love that!

    ReplyDelete