Saturday, December 29, 2012

Meals, Moments, Reviews, & Remembering in December

With December being the last month of the year, the monthly recap is a few days early. As it is, Thursday we went through the year's stats yesterday I recapped my favorite books of the year, and in the next few days I'll be recapping all of 2012. So many recaps, and so little time! As before, my monthly recap post is inspired by Lisa's own monthly recap post.

Meals
One of the most delicious things I tried this month had to be gingerbread flavored oreos (paired below with chamomile tea from my keurig). It's a vanilla cookie, with gingerbread flavored creme and it's just as amazing as you expect it to be. I'm not sure how long you'll find this on shelves, or if you'll still even be able to, but if you can I would stock up on this now. Yes, they really are THAT amazing.
DSC07702

Moments
As expected we did celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas on our home (but you'll have to wait a few days to here all about Christmas though).
DSC07722
But the other big highlight of the month is that I officially changed my name. I still do have to change it on my licenses, credit cards, insurance cards, and everything else. But I am officially a new person now!

Also, December 21 marked my 4 year blogoversary. Since it's right in the middle of holidays season, I have a hard time blogging about it as it happens. But at least you all now know that From L.A. to LA is officially 4 years old!

Reviews
This past month I reviewed 5 books and 4 movies
A Desire Path by Jan Shapin
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
A Cowboy for Christmas by Lori Wilde
Glass Heart by Amy Garvey
Winning the City Redux by Theodore Weesner
Killing them Softly
Pitch Perfect
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Jack Reacher
My favorite out of the books would be The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, whereas Pitch Perfect was my favorite of the movies.

Remembering
Last December I went with the boy's family to Disney World,
Watching the Show
and two years before that I went to Disneyland with the boy.
Groom Mickey & Bride Minnie?
Of course, Disney World now has the new Fantasayland, and out in California the have Cars Land as well as The Little Mermaid ride. Basically, I think a trip to at least one of the Disney parks is required sooner rather than later!

What are the meals, moments, reviews, and remembering you experienced this December?

4 comments:

  1. You sure had a busy month! Love the picture of your simultaneous Chanukah/Christmas celebrations - it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most memorable meal was the scallops and shrimp that I made for Phil and I for our Christmas celebration. I actually didn't really love any of the books I read, which is pretty disappointing. My favorite moments from the month were celebrating Christmas with Phil and my family, and I especially loved that Phil and I made buckeyes (chocolate covered peanut butter balls) to share with our family/friends. And last year at this time I was starting to study for level 2 of the CFA. Bleh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gingerbread flavored oreos!!! How did I not know about this? Thanks for the comment. It's good to be back in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back to disney too. either one would be fine with me. I like your rainbow menorah candles!

    ReplyDelete