Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Greetings From the Oval Office

About a month and a half ago I posted about the response we received from mailing our invitation to Disneyland. Although it's the only response I posted about, it wasn't the only celebrity invite we sent out. We just didn't hear back from any of the others. And since our wedding is officially past I didn't think we'd be hearing back from anymore. That is until I received this in the mail.
Mail from the White House
Yes, that does have the return address of The White House. While it hard to tell from the photo our names were handwritten on the envelope. Obviously not by the President himself (although wouldn't that be something), but I'm sure from some intern with pretty handwriting.
Congrats from Barack & Michelle
The card inside the envelope wasn't personalized, but it was still far better quality than our Disney postcard. And considering someone did take the time to hand address our envelope I know at least someone put quite a bit of effort towards our mail.
Congrats from the White House
Assuming you mailed out celebrity invite, what type of response did you receive from them? Or if you could invite any celebrity to your wedding and actually have them attend, who would it be?

3 comments:

  1. Cool!!! I would love to get a card from the Obamas!! I forgot to mail them our invitation, and it's getting too late now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea. I never would have thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I would totally invite Keanu Reeves!

    ReplyDelete