Tuesday, July 10, 2012

If the Shoe Fits...

The day after I posted this about how I wanted to wear colored shoes for the wedding, Bridesmaid Chicago sent me an e-mail with links to a bunch of shoes. Now at this point, while I knew I wanted shoes, I hadn't actually bothered to research any. So the fact that she took the time to search colored shoes, and type up suggestions to me in an e-mail meant a lot. Here's a few of her suggestions and what I liked or didn't like about them.

Source
I loved so many aspects of these shoes! I loved the color. I loved the bow on the back. But they just seemed to tall for me. I don't walk well in heels. Yes, I wear them to work, but take them off as soon as I sit at my desk. And there's been many a days were my coworkers have asked if I was injured because of the way I was walking. But no, it's just because I was trying to wear a taller heel than normal. And have I also mentioned our ceremony is on grass? These heels just look a little too pointy to work there.

Source
These fit the bill in that they were shorter, except I wasn't a fan of the fact they were open toes. See, I hate my toes and think they are probably some of the ugliest toes in existence. My toes are crooked, I don't really have a pinkie toenail, and then there's the fact that I don't really have movement in them. While I realize under my huge dress no one will probably see them, I'd rather wear something with a closed toe.

Source
I loved so much about these shoes! First of all I think the flower puff is adorable. Plus they didn't seem too tall, and they're closed toe. But they're purple. Of course our wedding colors are blue and purple, so I could have pulled it off. But I kind of wanted my shoes to be my something blue.

Now that bridesmaid Chicago had actually gotten me to look at shoes with the ones above, I myself browsed to find a few more to hopefully meet my requirements.

Source
I fell in love with these shoes. They were closed toe, I thought the flower was perfect, and they were Kate Spate. But you did have to pay for that name and at over $250 they we more than I expected to pay. Plus even though I didn't want to admit it they were probably too tall for me.

Source
This was a much more reasonable pair (in height AND price). Yes, they were open toe, but the opening seemed small enough where you would barely be able to see anything. And for fun, they shared a name with out flower girl, the boy's niece.

Source
These ones were really similar to the purple ones, except in blue. Yes, they were open toe and they were a little tall. But I think if they were closed toe I would have found a way to make the height work.

There were a few others I considered, and if you're curious here is my pinboard where I pinned all the shoes I considered. But the one I did pick is on this page. Any guesses as to which one I decided on?

5 comments:

  1. I love the purple ones! My shoes were the first wedding item I purchased. I had them before I had the dress! Trying on shoes can be fun. I can't wait to see what you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all GORGEOUS! I am going to guess you picked the purple one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Your blog is fab! I guess, by reading a few of your posts... that you went with pair number four!

    B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all those embellishments on those shoes! So pretty!

    I'm going to guess you went with the purple ones too, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know which one you went with but I love those purple ones with the puff! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete