Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Girls in White Dresses

I'm not really a huge fan of shopping, which is why if you look through my closest you'll find a ton of clothes not just from college, but high school as well. But with my California shower coming up I needed something to wear, and I didn't feel like anything in my closest was shower appropriate.So needing a dress, the boy and I hit up the mall. We basically stopping the the first store we walked by, which happened to be Ann Taylor Loft.

There seems to be a big trend right now of brides-to-be where white dress to all of their pre-wedding functions. I liked the idea of it, but didn't think it was an absolute. My main goal was finding a cute dress, and if it was white on top of that even better. But funny enough the two dresses that called out to me both were white.
DSC06702
I actually like this dress more in the picture than I did trying it on. I really like the bottom half of the dress, but wasn't a fan of how baggy it was on the top.
DSC06701
It's kind of the opposite here, because while I don't love this picture I did love the dress while it was on. I bought the belt as well, because the boy insisted that it needed one, and I don't really own belts. (And yes, I take my fashion advice from him, because most times I'm a little fashion hopeless.) But basically after 1 store and trying on two outfit I had my shower dress and we were ready.
DSC06708
We did wind up in one other store where I again made a purchase, buying the cute flip flops above which matched the belt pretty perfectly. I think the sandals are adorable, but I'll do my best not to wear them until the actual shower.

With the shopping finished the boy and I stopped for lunch at Bravo where we split an appetizer of fried mozzarella ravioli.
DSC06705
And I had a plate of gnocchi with braised beef,
DSC06706
and creme brulee for dessert.
DSC06707
All before heading to the movies to go see 21 Jump Street.

All in all, it was a fun and successful Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. I love the dress you got - it looks great on you! I really like the clean look of white dresses, but I never buy them because besides I tend to buy dresses that I can wear to social event - i.e. weddings... and wearing white to a wedding is like a cardinal sin! But I do wear dresses more often than just weddings, so if I see a cute one, I should pick it up.

    I am glad you had a successful day of shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress you got is my favorite! And those shoes are adorable!

    Your day sounded like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like that second dress on you! It looks great!

    I need to go shopping for a dress for my rehearsal dinner soon. I own one already that I will wear if I can't find one but I wouldn't mind having a white dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the second dress. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress you got!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the second dress! Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete