Monday, January 2, 2012

Last Day at Disney World

For the last day of our Disney World vacation we made it to the fourth and final park, Disney's Hollywood Studios. We started off by picking up fast passes for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and then went to wait to watch the next showing of Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage.

While waiting the boy's niece was chosen as the cutest girl who would be watching the show (or just at the right place at the right time) and asked to participate in the play. Which meant we all had VIP seats and at the end of the show she was brought to the front of the stage to accept a rose from Belle and the Prince.
Doing her Part in the Play
The gave her a certificate to commemorate the occasion and she got to keep the rose. My inner 4-year-old couldn't help but be a little jealous since I never got to take part in any Disney show. Hopefully this will be something she remembers and looks back on fondly when she's older.
With the Rose from the Prince
As for the rest of the day as you've come to expect, here's a list of everything we managed to fit in.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Jake of Jake & the Neverland Pirates
DSC06222
The Great Movie Ride
Handy Manny
With Handy Mandy
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Waiting to Ride Star Tours
From there the boy and I headed off by ourselves to go to dinner at Epcot.
In front of the Epcot Ball
I had hoped to eat in France, but since they were completely full we wound up at Tokyo Dining in Japan, eating sushi for the second time the trip.
Bento Box with Miso & Rice
I choose what I believe was called the Fuji Bento, which came with miso & rice. Everything we had was really good and more than that it was priced about what it would have cost for us back home. Definitely several steps above the sushi we had at the hotel a few days earlier.

After dinner we stopped in America to pick up dessert.
Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake
Not only is this a funnel cake, but it's a pumpkin spice funnel cake. Talk about a perfect American dessert, right?

And that's the end of the picture, since we flew back to Louisiana the following day. But in case you couldn't tell it was all a lot of fun, and I'm glad I got to relive the trip with all of you! Hopefully we'll be able to go back again, although I imagine the next time we do the boy and I will have children of their own. Yikes!

Since this is again me pouting, were you ever randomly chosen to partake in a show like the boy's niece? Let me know so I can try at at least live vicariously through you as well!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! :) I became a new follower! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of this Disney trip! It looks so amazing!

    A friend of mine has a Disney World trip planned with her inlaws (who are amazing btw) and she DOESN'T WANT TO GO. I think she is nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually was! I was chosen in Disney MGM studios (is that even still there?) to be Ginger for the Gilligan's Island show. Note I was nine and I certainly wasn't cute, so it was pure luck! Ha!

    ReplyDelete