Saturday, December 24, 2011

More Infernal Devices

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this one is my favorite so far out of the entire series (Infernal Devices & Mortal Instruments combined). I think the number one reason for this is that the love triangle just works. So often you read books where it's clear who she's going to pick or at least you have the clear favorite. But with Jem or Will, I want them both to wind up with Tessa. Jem is just so nice and selfless, and you want so badly to be happy. Whereas in this book we finally start to understand Will, and given his past he deserves happiness just as much.

At times Cassandra Clare's book feel a little predictable and copies of themselves. But this time it just felt new and unexpected. Of course there is the cliffhanger at the end. Not quite City of Fallen Angels level, but there just the same. With this one I can't wait to see how she wraps up this trilogy, and have to say if you haven't discovered these books yet, it's probably time to start.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment