Monday, December 6, 2010

Twihards Unite

This past weekend as we were leaving our movie (review to come) I noticed a bit of a commotion. The room that was normally used for birthdays was surrounded by girls peeking in the windows. I tried to figure out what was happening, but all I could really see were a few Twilight posters hanging inside. I would have been more than happy to hang around to find out, but the boy was hungry and ready for dinner so he practically dragged me outside.

We were walking across the parking lot the BJ's Brewhouse with me complaining the entire time. After all they were filming Breaking Dawn in Louisiana so it could easily be Robert Pattinson in there. As we got closer to the restaurant I could see there were tons of people mingling outside which meant a long wait, not really a surprise for this restaurant. So I told the boy to put our name on the list and that I was going back to the theater to investigate.

Luckily, I still had my ticket stub in my pocket so I made up some nonsense about leaving something behind. They just waived me through so I went back to join the throng of girls. I showed up at the perfect time, because right then Kellan Lutz, aka Emmett from Twilight walked out of the room.
Kellan Lutz!
Everyone was kind of in shock, but there wasn't really any screaming. He started handing out signed packs of Twilight Eclipse gum. (Clever promotional tie-in right?)
Kellan Lutz Signed Gum
Then of course girls started asking for pictures. I waited for most of the teenagers to have a turn, since after all I am a mature twenty-something and then asked for a picture of my own.
Me & Kellan Lutz
Now with my gum and pizza a was able to meet back up with the boy to share a pizza meal.
Mediterranean Pizza
Sounds like a great night of dinner and a movie right?

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I love that you let all the teenage girls get their pics first. Very polite of you ;)

    I don't recognize him at all! They look so different with all their makeup on in the movies though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amber, he does look different! Still hot though... :) How random and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesomely random! Love the whole "I let the teenagers go first since I'm a mature twenty-something" made me lol!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I LOVE it!

    My sister called me the other day to tell me one of her co-workers (who just moved to AR) was bummed when she got a call from her optometrists office (in LA) telling her that they were closing for a day to give eye exams to the entire Twilight cast. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I am so jealous! I'm a Twilight crazed woman, ha ha. I'm a Team Edward, but hey...meeting Emmett rocks!

    That pizza looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete