Friday, November 26, 2010

The Last Hunger Games

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
It took me a little longer to read this one than the first 2 in the trilogy. Part of it was because I didn't want the series to end, and then there was also that little distracting thing called getting engaged. But just because I read it slower doesn't mean I was captivated any less.

This book has a different feel than the first 2 in a way. Part of it is because there isn't an official hunger games this time. Then there's the fact that so little of this book takes place in district 12. I wouldn't say this book doesn't fit with the first two, but in a way it's so different that it doesn't quite.

Then of course there's the ending. It's not what I would have predicted, but in a way it fits everything that happens throughout the book. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with the ending, but more that I was sad with everything that had to happen to get to this place.

If I was worried about how they'd be able to turn book 1 into a movie I'm even more so with this one. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a movie. But I can't figure out how their going to be able to take all the violence and put it onscreen and have it be something appropriate for teenagers. I know they'll need to take out some, but I'm not sure at one point it losses the actual book it's based on. But even so I'm still eagerly anticipating watching them try to figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this series! I think after I'm done the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series (about to start the last one!) I will start the Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete