Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sookie Stackhouse #8

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
It's been a while since I've finished one of the Sookie Stackhouse books thinking that this might be the best book of the series. But so much happens in this book it's easy to so why that might be the case. It's hard to come up with the true plot of the book, since again so much happens there's no central theme except Sookie survives.

But what exactly does she survive? Well to start off with there's a werewolf war, and completely separate from that is a vampire war. And on top of that there's a least two other near death situations Sookie finds herself in.

Besides all the wars, Sookie also discovers long lost members of her family, and unlike her cousin who was barley alive for a single book I have a feeling these member are going to stick around for books to come.

And the ending of the book, I wouldn't call it a true cliffhanger, but it's as close to a cliffhanger as I've seen in the book. The way it ends I really can't wait to read the next book. Luckily I won't have long to wait, since it's already in print. It is a little disappointing to know that there's only two books left in the series, and after that I'll be waiting like everyone else for the next book to be published.

~Shoshanah

1 comment: