Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mayan Harvest Bake

Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake
Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake
I've spend months looking for this meal so I could try it. And last week I finally laid eyes on it. I was so excited that I was finally going to be able to buy one. So did it live up to expectations?

One thousand times yes! It was even better than I had hoped for. I knew it was going to turn out well when I could smell the dish cooking in the microwave. I mean microwavable food doesn't normally have incredible smells. The last step on the directions said to leave it in the microwave so it could finish cooking, which I did but was a bit torturous.

When I was finally able to take a bite, well... It had a nice sweetness to it at first, but after wards there was a nice kick from the "spicy ancho sauce." The sweet potatoes (which I sillily thought were carrots while eating) had the perfect texture, and there was a nice little crunch from the pumpkin seeds. Then there were the plantains, which were kind of the cherry on top.

I was a little afraid parts of it were going to be burnt. But the cooking directions were pretty spot on. The only think I would maybe change would be mixing it a little before I started eating. I was about half way through when I realized I had far more grains (pilaf, amaranth, & polenta from the packaging) than the sauce. But I mixed it up at that point, I it worked out fine. Now hopefully I can find this again so I can stock up several in my freezer.

This post is no way sponsored. I paid for the meal, and decided to write this point mainly on my own, mainly so I could remember what I liked and what to buy next time. Although if Kashi wants to send me a few off these let me know! Or I'd settles for stocking them at my local market!

~Shoshanah

1 comment: