Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bathing Beauties

I wasn't sure if I was going to be taking any type of vacation this summer. But know that we're in July, vacation plans for the end of the summer have been finalized. And we're off the the beach! Destin, Florida to be more precise. We weren't sure if we were going to go to Florida still after all the oil, but after talking to several people who have been to Florida already this summer its game on.

Now that I know we're off to the beach, comes the important stuff. What I mean is decided on a new bathing suit. It's been 3 years since I bought a new bathing suit, which seems like too long for me. Maybe its my California girl creeping out, but I feel its completely normal too buy a new bathing suit every single summer. Anyone else with me?

I almost always buy my bathing suits from Victoria's Secret (and all images below are from their website). So let me know which one you think I should go with!
If I got this one I'd probably go with the blue version. I really like it, but I'm not sure how the sequins would actually hold up with sand and water. This one might really only work for laying out in the sun only.
I like this one since its simple, and should easily fit considering the top is sized with a bra cup. But my fear is that it looks a little too much like a bra, and not enough like a bathing suit.
I like the circle design on this one. But there's nothing specific I can point out as to why I dislike, but neither is there anything I absolutely love about it.
I've actually loved this one for years. Every year they sell this one, and every year its on clearance at the end of the summer. I guess what worries me is the fact that they can't get rid of it. If no one else seems to like it, then it seems like a risky choice to make.
I love this one, but no only do I love it, it has a ridiculously low sale price. But the reason its so cheap is because the bottoms are sold out. But I could always go with the top and try to find a bottom in a similar color.
Another one with a ridiculously low sale price. While this one had bottoms available in about 4 different styles, none of these styles matched the 5 or so styles from the top. I could try to pull off a top and bottom in completely different colors or patterns, but I'm not sure I could get it to come together.

So, which one do you think I decided on? And which one would you choose?

~Shoshanah

5 comments:

  1. I like the first one as well as the one you've mentioned as liking for several summers now. I'm with you on the purple one possibly looking too much like a bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with the one you love!! It's a fun pattern and if you love it, who cares what other people think :)

    I am also a big fan of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough decision! I think the last 2 are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the one that's purple with the designs. I wouldn't care if they had trouble selling it or not. I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete