Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sookie Stackhouse #6

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
This books starts off pretty immediately talking about the death of Sookie's cousin Hadley. They way the book was written, I could tell I was supposed to remember reading about the event, but unless I accidently skipped a chapter or two I really didn't remember it. I started to think I was going a little crazy, so I did a quick google search. Turns out Sookie's cousin Hadley's death is in one of Charlaine Harris' short stories instead. I guess I was just supposed to know to read one of her short stories before this actual book. Hopefully someone else's google search can lead them here, so they can learn this somewhat critical fact and avoid any major spoilers. Something I wish I had been able to do.

But moving past the short story to the book itself. There's a few new characters introduced in this one, there's a vampire queen, the witch Amanda, and of course Sookie's dead cousin Hadley. Also there's yet another love interest for Sookie in this book, Quinn who was briefly introduced in Dead as a Doornail. I do really like Quinn, and right now he might be my top choice for Sookie. But I do think its a little crazy how many guys Sookie has gone through over the course of this series.

Another fun part of this book is that it takes place in New Orleans. I don't think that while reading it I got the true feel of the city. But even so, it was fun to the action happening there.

As normal with all the books in the series, I did enjoy reading this. I can't wait to read the next few, and I'm a little intrigued to see who (if anyone) that Sookie winds up with.

~Shoshanah

2 comments:

  1. When I read this book, I wondered if I had missed something too! I think what's strange is that the short stories book came out after this book. lol

    I really liked this book thought, It was one of my favorites in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..thank god you did this post, because when I read this book, I thought, did I miss something? I know I didn't skip a book. That was my beef with this book.

    Also...Quinn is ok....but I loved it when she was with Eric. That was my favorite book honestly.

    ReplyDelete