Monday, May 10, 2010

Play Ball

This past weekend the boy and I went to our first LSU baseball game of the season.
LSU vs. Vanderbilt
We clearly picked the wrong game to go to because the Tigers didn't score a single run the entire time we were there. But ot be fair, we did leave early in the 8th inning to avoid traffic. And they did wind up with 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th, but it wasn't enough to win the game.

But even though LSU lost, I'm still glad we went. There was of course good baseball food.
BBQ Brisket Sandwich
I had heard they had started selling sushi at Alex Box Stadium. But if that is true I wasn't able to find any. So instead I made do with the BBQ Brisket sandwich above. And if you know me, then you know there had to be dessert. Again I went a little non-traditional baseball food with a slice of a cookie cake.
LSU Cookie Cake
Even though we were losing I did get the boy to agree to take at least one picture with me.
At the Game
I mean you can see his eye in the picture so that counts right?

So while it wasn't the most amazing game to watch, we still managed to have a fun time. And hopefully the Tigers will start winning their last few games to try to defend their NCAA championship!

Geaux Tigers!

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. That sandwich looks SOOOO good. That's one thing I regret about living in Louisiana, we never did make it to an LSU game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geaux tigers. man, i miss that place.

    ReplyDelete