Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday Night at the Bass Pro

Last night the boy took me to the Bass Pro Shop, for my first time.
Bass Pro Shop
For a California girl like myself the place was a bit overwhelming. Although I'm guess its probably overwhelming for anyone regardless where their from. Outside is a lake so you can test drive any boats you want to buy. Inside there's an aquarium filled with fish, plus a swamp area filled with ducks and turtles.
Lake inside Bass Pro
When I say turtles I mean turtles of ALL shapes and sizes.
Huge Turtle in Bass Pro
I believe he said this was an alligator snapping turtle? That could be completely wrong, so feel free to correct me.

After exploring the boating/fishing area downstairs went we up to the hunting area.
Walking to Bass Pro Shop's Hunting Section
To start with their was a collection of bows. They even had a little room where you could test out any bow you wanted to try. Then came the guns. There was probably more guns here than I'd ever seen in one place before. Guns of all shape and size. They even sold pink colored guns.

Lest you think we actually went on a date to the Bass Pro Shop, the real reason we were there was to eat dinner at their fish company restaurant. We just walked around the store while we were waiting for our table. Every time I drive by the Bass Pro Shop on the way to the new house and see the restaurant I wondered about it and want to try it. In a way I was a little leery, mainly due to a fear of chain type seafood restaurants. But since it was connected to a huge superstore on fishing it had promise.

For dinner the boy had maple glazed salmon and I went with the shrimp boat which included popcorn shrimp, fried shrimp, and coconut shrimp.
Shrimp Boat
And the verdict was very promising. Everything was really good, probably one of the best meals I've had in a while. Not only was the seafood really good, but the side dishes were just as great. The boy's came with rice and potatoes. But the highlight was probably the homemade potato chips, which you can see in the center of the plate.

I of course wanted dessert and I went with key lime pie.
Key Lime Pie
The pie was only alright, and didn't quite live up to the rest of the meal. But there was A LOT of pie, and it was still able to meet my sugar craving.

Overall, the meal was a really pleasant surprise. Who would have expected a restaurant attached to a store would deliver a high quality seafood meal! Anyone else ever had a meal that surprised you a little. And have you ever been to a Bass Pro Shop?

~Shoshanah

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh good ol' bass pro shop! Yes, I have been to one! It's basically my version of hell! Haha! But I never knew they had a restaurant attached to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in one once and thought it was really neat! That food you guys had looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bass Pro Shop scares me and fascinates me all at the same time. I was just telling my dad the other day that I wanted to go in there at Christmas. It's apparently a sight to behold then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bass pro shop is a regular occurence in my family. my brothers are big hunters and fishermen.

    ReplyDelete