Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do Not Pass Go. Do No Collect $200.

Yes, it's another edition of Classy in Philadelphia's Where in the World Wednesday. I could see how my title of this post could be slightly misleading, but have no fear. I did not go to jail. Instead I went to Atlantic city. But what does that have to do with the title of this post? Well take a look!
Park Place
It's Park Place! In case you hadn't heard, all of the Monopoly properties are real streets in Atlantic city. All down the Atlantic City Boardwalk (as in Boardwalk, the other dark blue property), all signs labeling each street sign with a Monopoly sign and some random historical fact. There are actually more streets than Monopoly properties, so even those that didn't get a spot in the game still have a commemorative sign.
California Avenue
Which means I was also able to take a picture with California Avenue. Which I think should have made the original game. I mean it's California!

These pictures were taken almost 4 years ago now, during our college senior week. (Can we pause to talk about how crazy it is that I've almost been out of college for 4 years? How did that happen?) We had a bus drive us senior from Maryland to Atlantic City, and were hoping to have warm weather so we could lay out on the beach. But as you can kind of tell from the pictures the weather didn't quite cooperate.

If you're looking for more Where in the World Wednesday posts you can had over to Classy in Philadelphia or you can check out all of my contributions here!

~Shoshanah

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!!

    I have to say though, looking at pictures of summer just REALLY makes me want to be able to put on a tank top and shorts and go out!!! In a few months I guess :)

    ReplyDelete