Wednesday, November 25, 2009

An English Thanksgiving

(a Where in the World Wednesday post)
Classy in Philadelphia is hosting yet another Where in the World Wednesday. Come on and join the fun!
img103
Today's picture was taken in London after the Sheffield Wednesday/Queen's Park Rangers "football" game. It was actually taken almost exactly 6 years ago, when I was in England for Thanksgiving. And yes, I realize England isn't somewhere you'd normally go to celebrate and American holiday like Thanksgiving. But I was visiting my best friend who was studying abroad in London, and going over Thanksgiving gave me a week to celebrate her.

For our actual Thanksgiving dinner we all went out to a nice restaurant. We all went around the table and said what we were thankful for before we started eating. And what did we have to eat for our English Thanksgiving? Italian food of course!

Have you ever had a slightly non-traditional Thanksgiving as well?

~Shoshanah

4 comments:

  1. Cute picture!!! I think J and I may be looking at a non traditional thanksgiving meal tomorrow....Called "Whatever is Open on Long Island"....

    I would rather have traditional thanksgiving :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, you've been everywhere!

    We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving in my family - I think in Canada it's mostly the English families who celebrate, whereas french ones don't really (from my experience).

    Since my parents have been living in Geneva though I've started having my own Thanksgiving, with friends! And I love it :) We've always had so much fun! So I guess it's non-traditional in a way because it's with friends as opposed to family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 2004, I spent Thanksgiving on a plane in route to Germany. So I ate crappy airline food. But I woke up in Germany so it wasn't so bad!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to London so bad!!! Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete