Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Movie Reviews

In what will probably be the first of many, a weekend movie review. Friday night we saw Push, staring Chris Evans and Dakatoa Fanning. Over all plot of the movie, in a futuristic world, there are people with special powers. The government wants them for evil experiments. Somewhat similar to Jumper with Hayden Christensen, but so so much better. Overall the movie was fun an entertaining. Good action scenes, and a tiny bit of romance thrown in. The highlight of the movie by far though was Dakota Fanning. I've always thought she was good, but she is so old now. How did that happen! And if she is old that must mean I am really really old.

There was one actor in it, the shifter (aka he could shift things into changing shape for a small amount of time) who looked very familiar. I looked him on on imdb and turns out he was in 10,000 BC, which I actually liked. He was also in Whale Rider, but I don't think that's what I recognized him from.

The girl in it (not Dakota Fanning) was Camilla Belle also looked a bit familiar. Turns out she was also in 10,000 BC. More important, at least to me, was that she was in A Little Princess which is my all time favorite movie. She wasn't anyone big, just one of the girls at the school, but still I love that movie.

One last thing about Push. After the movie we talked about which of the powers we would want to have. The Boy said he would be a shifter. I would want to be a Pusher. They have like the power to push thoughts into people's heads. Then I wouldn't be paranoid about what people are thinking about me, because I could make their thoughts be what I want. Ha!

Moving on to movie #2. He's Just Not That Into You. Based on the book He's Just Not That Into You (which I have read and enjoyed). In case you're from a different planet, the book stems from a Sex and the City episode when Jack Berger tells Miranda that the reason the guy never called is because he's just not that into you.

I wasn't really sure how they were going to make it a movie, considering the book has no plot and it's just an advice book. What they did is took several different story lines, to try to hit on all the different scenarios from the book. Of all the story lines I like the Jennifer Aniston/ Ben Affleck one and the Justine Long and uhh... the girl from Big Love (I looked it up Ginnifer Goodwin).

Also to keep with the book they had a few one-on-one interview things. Kind of like the 1st season of Sex and the City. Not that bad, they definitely fit better than they did on the show.

Overall I did enjoy the movie. I have no intention of buying it, but it was amusing. I assumed everything would have an unhappy ending, but not so much. (I don't think the movie studio would have liked that too much.) I did catch Greg Behrendt's cameo as a priest. I wonder if the girl that co-authored the book with him got a cameo too?

Well we have reached the end of this weekend's reviews. Unfortunately, I probably won't have one next weekend, since we will be at a wedding. But you never know. My pick next week? Would totally be Confessions of a Shopaholic

1 comment:

  1. I want to see 'he's just not that into you' so bad!! Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete