Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Off to Atlanta

So we're off to Atlanta tomorrow. The Boy's in a wedding this weekend. And I'm like really really excited (and not just because I'm missing work the next two days).

First it's a wedding, and what girl doesn't love weddings. I even bought I new dress, and I'm excited to wear that too. And while I don't want to get married for a while... well I've always though 26 was the perfect age to get married at, and it still seems far away. But I'm 24 now! So it's less than two years away! But by going to a wedding I can get ideas for mine. Actually, the last two wedding I went to with the Boy I didn't necessarily get ideas for mine, but more of what I don't want. Like assigning tables would be mandatory, and I'm not a big fan of buffets. But luckily I have years (or like 2, yikes) to plan.

But the other main reason I'm excited about this weekend is because we're driving to Atlanta. Now this my seem silly, but in 8th grade I read Gone with the Wind for the first time, and pretty much fell in love. I think I read it every year, for like 5 years after the 1st time. And since I had read both my grandfather's and my mom's copies, I actually got my own copy for Christmas one year. And well, just in case you didn't know the book takes place in Atlanta.

I've never really been to Atlanta before. Except for when me and my dad drove my car cross-country. Then we stopped for lunch just outside Atlanta and drove through downtown. But other than that, it hasn't happened. I would love to go to a GWTW museum, while we're there but unfortunately with the 10 or 12 hour drive each way, and the actual wedding we are going to I doesn't seem like it will actually happen.

And just in case any one's really curious we will technically be outside Atlanta in Macon. But if you've read GWTW, then you know that Aunt Pitty refugee-ed to Macon when the Yankees were coming.

So I will be gone to Sunday, so I'm off till then!

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!

P.P.S. In case you wanted to know, the picture was taken at Nottoway Plantaion in Louisiana. The curtains are replicas of the curtains from GWTW.

3 comments:

  1. have fun!!
    im jealous your going to a wedding - i've never been to one :(
    travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are SO fun and romantic! Have a great weekend and happy valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will only be the 4th one I've been too. And the last 2 have been within the past to years. So just wait, and I'm sure eventually we'll all have tons to go to.

    ReplyDelete